A unique, luxuriously-appointed experience in Santa Barbara.
Located conveniently in downtown Santa Barbara, a short distance from shops on State Street, and the areas’ most beautiful beaches, Santa Barbara Auto Camp has been thoughtfully designed with your comfort in mind.
While the iconic Airstream hotel rooms polished mirror aluminum exterior reflects its surroundings, the interior of each design plays with the line between modernism and classicism. Designed and built here in our own backyard by Santa Barbara local Airstream enthusiast and Architect, Matthew Hofmann, each Airstream is unique as the compiled history of its past and exudes a personality of its very own.
–Luxury Lifestyle in an Airstream–
Living, kitchen and dining areas are blended with a relaxed vibe of smart simplicity. “Ah-h-h…” is the typical reaction as one enters the front door into a space that feels much larger than the square footage would allow. “I could live in this,” is another common comment. Paper smooth floor-to-ceiling wood to the front and back, with smoked plexiglass doors draw attention inward, while calm and serene spacious tones exude left and right. Less is more. Luxurious materials include:
- Durable Exotic and locally sourced hardwood and bamboo flooring.
- Pure white refinished aluminum walls, and earth-friendly zero-VOC finishes.
- Hand-sanded pecan-stained birch interior and repurposed hardwood.
- Luminous and lightweight 100 percent recycled glass tiles cover the bathroom floor.
- Solid glacier white Corian countertops throughout.
- Airstreams stocked with luxurious Malin+Goetz bathroom amenities and cosmetics.
Kitchen appliances include a two-burner smoothtop cooktop, Haier under counter refrigerator with freezer compartment, and microwave convection oven. The deep and wide basin sink, includes contemporary-styled spray faucetry, soap dispenser and three-stage water filtration. Under cabinet low-voltage Halogen lighting. Silent-close solid maple drawers, with Hafele hardware and pantry shelves complete the epicurean experience.
Luxurious bedrooms must have one thing in common: comfort, and this one’s no exception. Start with a quilted pillowtop queen mattress, 500 thread count sheets, feather soft pillows, his-and-her clothes storage, backlit bed soffit, and convenient nighttime reading task lights. A wall-mounted flat screen HDTV with DVD player, an iHome entertainment system for music, and screaming-fast WiFi for surfing the web make this room a lovely place to stay. Finish your day gazing into a starry night from the skylight overhead.
The best has been saved for last. While most RV bathrooms are barely large enough for one person, this is a room where you and your partner may spend your most enjoyable indoor hours. Some models are furnished with a clawfoot tub and chrome faucet/shower wand set. Others employ full standup showers with glass tile mosaics. The wood-toned and Corian-topped vanity seamlessly blends into the wall. A glass vessel sink and contemporary faucet complete the washroom. A full-height, dual flush toilet comes standard in all units, as do boutique luxury Malin+Goetz bathroom products.
The ease of operation of this Airstream is credited to its all-electric appliances – which means no pilots to light, the absence of any carbon monoxide gas, and no cumbersome, smelly propane tanks to tote back and forth from the filling station. For year-round comfort, each room comes with its own easy-to-operate wall heater and plenty of windows for natural light and ventilation. There’s also a thermostatically-controlled Dometic air conditioner in the main living area. “The goal in design and construction of these Airstream’s,” says Hofmann, “was to blend the iconography of Airstream’s past with a honesty in adaptive design to create a most functionally intuitive experience.”
Each Airstream at the Auto Camp is situated on an affordable luxurious Park Space. Surrounded by heritage oak trees, fruit trees, and manicured lawns, every stay at the Auto Camp is sure to be a relaxing one. Amenities include:
- A redwood deck, custom-designed patio, and elegant outdoor furniture at each space.
- A grassy lawn at each space and an outdoor grill for BBQs.
- Screaming-fast Wifi.
- Ample onsite and street parking.
–Santa Barbara Amenities–
The Santa Barbara Auto Camp is ideally situated between three of the most desirable neighborhoods in the city of Santa Barbara. Just a few blocks from everywhere you want to be, the Santa Barbara Auto Camp is an authentic place any visitor will love.
- Variety of local eateries, bars, and retailers within 1 block walking distance.
- Trader Joe’s and Ralphs grocery stores within 2 blocks walking distance.
- 5 minute drive or bike ride to Downtown Santa Barbara shopping, restaurants, and nightlife.
- 10 minute drive or bike ride to the beach, local parks, and hiking trails.
- For more information about local activities and must-see, must-dos, visit the Santa Barbara visitors website here.